Tenants – What you need to know
We at Lawrence McDonald are here to make the finding of a suitable rental property for you easier. We offer a large selection of well presented apartments and houses. As a prospective tenant here is some help in assisting you to finding your new home:
List of what you need to start when renting your new home:
A security deposit is required prior to commencement of the tenancy of the rented property which is in most cases equivalent to one month’s rent. The deposit is held to cover any breakages, damages, or other tenant liabilities. At the end of the tenancy an inspection is done of the property and assess if there are any damages and deductions due. The deposit cannot be used as the last months rent.
To ensure your deposit is returned without deductions the following list is very importnant:
- Property is to be left thoroughly cleaned.
- ESB and Gas Bills are nil or transferred to your new address
- No breakages and damages to the property or items included in the Inventory.
- All bins emptied, and rubbish and personal items removed.
Deposits will not be returned if you terminate the Letting Agreement before the lease expires
To hold the property you will need to pay a security deposit of one month’s rent. Once the tenancy goes ahead, the first month’s rent is due on collection of the keys for the house and the following information is also required.
- Signed lease agreement
- A copy of your current Passport or Drivers Licence
- PPS number
- Two written references required, employer, landlord, professional, bank. In the case of self employed individuals a tax clearance cert or letter from accountant is required.
- One month’s rent and one month security deposit in full
- Bank Details to arrange rent by standing order
We will transfer the Electricity and Gas a/c into your name at the start of the tenancy.
We are regulated byt the PRSA (Property Services Regulatory Authority) the body which regulates Auctioneers in Ireland and sets the codes of practice required and is licenced by the Revenue Commissioners. Our autioneers licence no. is 001550.